We’re looking for an English-speaking SEO Content Specialist to join our growing SEO Content team.
Content and SEO at Wise is about making sure we offer the best possible content and on-site experience to our customers. We don’t believe in stuffing keywords in a blog article or building artificial links – but we do believe in great copy that inspires and helps readers to find answers.
What’s the role?
This role is ideal for candidates with junior level experience in SEO content marketing, who are passionate about blogging and content creation. We’d like you to already have some knowledge on how to help great content rank in Google.
At Wise we’re on a mission to empower our users to make smart financial decisions based on transparent information. Our content team is no different. We produce content and monitor its performance too, because we believe that working in SEO means that you understand how the content you’re producing is helping the end user.
- Produce SEO optimised content for one of our English blogs, to help fuel adoption of Wise
- Revisit, optimise and improve older articles, to boost their performance
- Conduct keyword research to plan content that drives organic traffic to our blog and attracts new customers
- Understand the wants, needs and pain points of our potential new customers
- Edit copy – you’re not afraid to fix copy or make direct changes when necessary
- Find, coordinate and manage a bunch of talented freelance writers
- Own your content – from ideas to briefing, proofreading, editing and finally publishing articles: you will own every stage of the process
- Follow frameworks – you will ensure our content follows legal, brand and PR guidelines
- Have an impact – you will see directly how your actions influence your reader’s decisions
- Communicate key insights and obstacles to the team and broader company
You’ll have the opportunity to work with some of our fantastic international teams, and even to travel to some of our offices around the world (once this is safe again to do so).
- You speak and write English on a bilingual or native level — fluency in an additional language is always a plus.
- You have experience in a similar position, and you’ve created high performing and well-optimised content before.
- You’ve got a proven affinity with blogging and you have a junior understanding of SEO. You’re familiar with keyword research tools like Ahrefs, SEMrush, or similar, and you can work with keyword data in Excel / Google sheets.
- You know your way around words. From small copy changes to fixing blog articles in bulk, you’ll get it done.
- You have a great eye for detail. From words to visuals: the final article/page will look their best and you have a good instinct for what makes content great.
- You thrive more on autonomy than structure, and you’re not afraid to take responsibility and ownership of your work — and you come ready-equipped with persistence and a sizable sense of humor.
- You are analytical and have a general knowledge of GA and GSC: from traffic numbers to conversion rates, you understand how to measure the performance of your work.
What’s in it for you?
Help us acquire new customers for Wise in a scalable and highly cost-effective way. That’s hugely important here because, unlike our competitors, our mission is to make foreign exchange eventually free.
You’ll be part of a team of exceptionally talented marketers, who consistently break new ground in performance marketing.
Within Wise we operate with a great degree of autonomy, so you’ll be in charge of your own workload and focus areas, giving you the chance to have a huge impact on one of Europe’s fastest-growing & most successful startups.
Who We Are
Wise was founded in 2011 with a clear mission: Money without borders – so people and businesses can send, spend and get paid in any currency, whenever, wherever.
Sure, the heart of what we do is international money transfer. And we’re committed to making it instant, convenient and fair for millions of people, all over the world. But we’re growing our other products and our teams at an exciting pace. And we’re looking for the very best to jump on board.
About Our Team
The SEO Content Team currently consists of 21 (and counting) amazing people, from 20 different countries who are divided over 3 offices, so we’re truly a team without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you, because we believe that diverse teams build better products.
What It’s Really Like To Work Here
At Wise, we do things a bit differently. There’s no corporate nonsense, and no old-fashioned hierarchy. Instead, we work in dozens of self-sufficient, autonomous teams. Think of them like start-ups within a start-up.
Each team picks the problems they want to solve. So, there’s no micro-management. No hiding behind fancy job titles. And no one telling you what to do. You are your own boss. But you’ll get tons of guidance and plenty of support from your talented, super-smart teammates.
We’re going to be upfront — the way we work doesn’t suit everyone. But if freedom, autonomy, and life-affirming, head-scratching professional challenges rock your world, we could be a match made in heaven.
To find out a bit more about what it’s like to work at Wise — plus a full run-through of our employee benefits — visit our careers page.
We’re people without borders — without judgment or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
- Computer Software
- Financial Services
To apply for this job please visit form.typeform.com.